It is all too easy to forget about having regular eye exams – especially if you aren’t having any trouble seeing. Unfortunately, if you aren’t having your vision monitored by an eye doctor on a regular basis, you could be doing serious harm to your vision.
There are many eye diseases that don’t have symptoms in the early stages – and once you have symptoms, irreversible damage may have already occurred. Our team at Azul Vision is trained to spot these conditions and provide treatments – but our team can only be effective if conditions are caught early enough.
When you trust Azul Vision with your eyesight, you can expect to receive honest information about your eye health and recommendations for improvement, if needed. For example, we may recommend:
- Glasses or contact lenses to treat nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism
- Cataract surgery to restore clarity to vision that has become cloudy or dull-colored
- Treatments for eye diseases such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, etc.
- Relief for irritated eyes (see Allergies & Eyes section below)
- Treatments to keep your eyelids healthy (BlephEx™)
- Recommendations for sunglasses or safety goggles
Allergies & Eyes
Allergies can cause serious eye irritation, making it difficult to work, perform normal daily functions and enjoy social functions due to constant itching, watering, redness, light sensitivity, burning, pain, etc. While most of these symptoms aren’t harmful by themselves, your eyes can become damaged in these types of circumstances:
- You wear contact lenses and allergy particles from pollen, mold, dander, dust, etc., get underneath your contacts. This can lead to a corneal abrasion.
- You often rub your eyes to try to get relief from allergies. This can also damage your corneal surface.
- You are prone to dry eye, so the allergy triggers make your condition worse.
It’s not always reasonable to prevent allergies by staying indoors – especially if you experience allergies all year long. Our team may be able to prescribe medications to help your eyes feel relief. We may also identify an underlying health issue that could be the source of your irritations. We can discuss your condition during an eye exam.
Stay proactive with your eye health.
Schedule an Eye Exam today!