At Azul Vision, we have an array of options when it comes to vision correction. Some people who come into our office expect to have LASIK, but after we have carefully assessed their eye health and vision prescription, we may not recommend that course of treatment. This is especially true for people who have moderate to severe nearsightedness, thin corneas, a history of dry eye or large pupils.
If you fall into any of these categories, we may recommend the Visian ICL™. This is a very thin, soft and flexible lens that is implanted into your eye. Made from biocompatible Collamer®, it works in harmony with your natural eye to correct your blurry vision. ICL stands for implantable Collamer lens. Some of the benefits of the Visian ICL over LASIK or PRK include:
- Corneal tissue is not removed
- Reduced risk of dry eye after the procedure
- Lens is removable if necessary (with an additional surgery)
- Provides UV protection for your eyes
What to Expect During the Visian ICL Procedure
This is a 20-30-minute outpatient procedure that can help reduce or eliminate the need for glasses and contact lenses for patients who are between the ages of 21 and 45. Here is how the process goes:
- Your eyes are numbed with special eye drops.
- A small incision is made on your cornea (the outer layer of your eye).
- The Visian ICL is inserted into your eye.
- The incision heals naturally, usually without stitches.
You won’t be able to see or feel the Visian ICL in your eye, but your vision will be greatly improved. Some patients experience immediate vision improvement!
We would be honored to assess your eyesight and eye health and let you know what we recommend. You can always expect to receive honest information from our team. Then you can decide if you want to proceed.
Find out if the Visian ICL is right for you.
Schedule a Free Consultation today!